A follower of Jesus whose life is centering on loving God and loving others.Discipleship Path:
A structured means by which we grow as disciples.
a place of transformation helping us on our journey of faith.Defining a Relationship:
a means to measure your growth as a disciple
Spiritual Growth Markers:
- Exploring: (acquaintances) I believe in God, but I question if I can know God in a personally way.
- Growing: (Friends) I believe in Jesus and I am working on what it means to get to know him.
- Close: (Good Friends) I feel really close to Jesus and depend on him daily for guidance.
- Centered: (Intimate Friends) My relationship with Jesus is the most important relationship in my life. It guides everything I do.
indicators that growth is occurring in your journey
Faith Obstacles :
- Better Choices
- Greater Determination
- Improved Empathy
- Deepening Desire
- Growing Influence
- Improved Relationships
- Increased Shalom (intimacy with God, others, self, creation)
Number one obstacle: Its not a Priority
Number two: Not having or ignoring your church's discipleship path processWays to Grow:
tools that encourage growth in your Spiritual Growth Markers
Two major types: Devotional Life & Life of Service
The United Methodist Book of Worship
summarizes both types with these five words:
(Devotional) Prayers - Presence - (Service) Service - Gifts - Witness
NOTE: There is no hard line as to what is solely devotional or solely service. Prayer
can certainly be service and gifts
can certainly be an act of devotion.